In Conversation With Diane Parente - Live and Online
Time & Location
About the Event
You have a rare opportunity to hear a live interview with Diane Parente who was the AIC founding-president from 1983-1985 before merging with AFIC to become AICI. In this online ZOOM webinar Gillian Armour will moderate the interview. Diane will take questions from listeners at the end of the interview.
We will be exploring how Diane helped start a new career field in 1980, a career that without which none of us would be working! Then we will ask Diane to take us through the early years of AICI, the impact of Dress for Success and the changes to the image industry with the advent of technology.
Please RSVP to the program as seats will fill fast. Once you have RSVP'd you will receive an email with ZOOM details and call in numbers.
Diane Parente, CIP and AICI Founder Member was the first image consultant to open in San Francisco in 1980. By 1981 she, Jeane Johnson, and Suzie Woodward Morris met together and formed AIC (the Association of Image Consultants). Diane was the founding President from 1983 to 1985 and was active with AIC for 10 years. She was co-director of the first three-day national convention with over 260 attendees and served on the long-range planning committee merging AIC with AFIC to become AICI in 1990. Under Diane’s term AIC established professional standards for consultants, developed an identity and increased visibility. In addition, Diane developed and implemented the first two-year accredited Image Consultant curriculum at Saddleback College in Los Angeles, California. A published author and trainer, Diane is still active in image consulting, most recently forming a leadership training program for corporate men and women.
· Recipient of the Prestigious AICI Immie Award in 1989 for her dedication and service for the development and growth of a new career as an Image Consultant
· 1991 Co-Authored of the first book on Style, Universal Style, Dress for who you are and what you want
· 1995 Co-Authored, Mastering Your Professional Image and 2001 contributing author to, A Woman’s Way to Success.
· Developed and implemented a position as Style & Shopping Ambassador for Carmel Shopping Center for 2 years
· Developed a position as a Director of a personal shopping service for two shopping Centers in California owned by Macerich, The Village in Corte Madera and Broadway Plaza in Walnut Creek.
· 2012-2017 Developed and implemented a complete Leadership training program
Ongoing - works with long term clients as their Personal Shopper